Thursday, February 21, 2008

But Your Service Sucks

First, I called my internet service provider that I no longer need their service from the next billing date because I am not getting the same or faster speed from my portable internet.

I planned to switch provider so I shopped around. There were several choices but all them charge connection/service fees --- no waiving even if I am the one who is giving them my business.

Two days later, I called my current provider, spoke to a different customer service rep and I told him I was trying to place my order via the internet for a cable connection to replace my portable because the speed sucks. But such a switch over is not available on the net and instead I have to order a new connection with the attendant connection/service fee. So I complained that no way I am paying it again, and told him that I am cancelling the service altogether, and I will give my business to another provider instead.

He apologized, checked my "client history", and declared: "ok you're going to get connected without cost plus a $20 rebate on you next bill to compensate for your dissatisfaction and just to keep you as a loyal client". And that was that -- I got my cable two days ago, and I am enjoying a much faster service though I am losing the portability of the net.

The point I am highliting is this: very few consumers complain when they are dissatisfied. However, companies now know how much customer satisfaction is important. You have everything to gain by expressing your dissatisfaction in an attempt to obtain compensation.

Noong nakaraang linggo ay tumawag ako sa ISP ko para sabihin na hindi na ako natutuwa sa pagbagal ng portable internet ko at kanselahin na nila ang serbis simula sa susunod na billing. Plano ko na mag-shop around kung alin ang mas maganda serbisyo, pero lahat sa kanila ay sumisingil ng halos $100 na service fee.

So tumawag ulit ako sa kasalukuyang ISP ko at nagreklamo ako na bakit hindi pwede magrequest ng switch over mula sa portable to a cable service -- kelangan ko umorder (magsimula ulit) ng cable at magbayad ng halos $100 na connection fee.

Ganun? E kako kung gusto nila akong maging loyal customer pa e wag nila akong singilin ng connection fee at kung hindi e talagang lilipat ako sa iba. Sandali lang, sabi nya at tsekin nya daw ang record ko. Tas sabi nya na ikinatuwa ko naman -- sige daw, magpapadala daw sya ng technician, i-hook up at i-activate daw ang cable ko ng walang bayad at meron pang bonus na.... $20 credit sa susunod na billing ko bilang pabuya sa pagrereklamo ko.

Odiba? kakaaliw naman magreklamo!

No comments: